We want to hear from you, if you feel passionately about the rights of the LGBT+ community, have a background or experience in governance at board or senior management level, and believe you can make a difference to the lives of the many people AMACH support. In order to qualify for the Board of Directors position, applicants must reside in the Republic of Ireland. The role will require directors to meet monthly (remotely – at present), excluding sub-group meetings, as part of the committee. Members of the Board of Directors are not renumerated for their time, as this is a volunteer position.
General duties: and responsibilities will include some or all of the below (depending on the specific role):
· Complying with AMACH’s governing document.
· Ensuring AMACH! is compliant with its charitable purpose.
· Acting in the best interests of AMACH!.
· Acting with reasonable care and skill.
· Appointment to the Finance Subcommittee and manage the assets of AMACH!
· Being responsible for effective oversight of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
· Being responsible to the Board for the discharge of its obligations in relation to accounts.
· Offering oversight of compliance and risk management in line with usual board responsibilities.
· Ensuring development and Board review of the financial policies and procedures
· Working with the Chairperson and auditors on the production of the Annual Audited Accounts, for discussion and approval by the Board at the AGM and for filing annual returns with the Companies Office.
· Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
· The ability to commit to the time necessary to carry out the role effectively. This is likely to be a minimum of 2 hours a week, including regular meetings with the chairperson, reporting to Board meetings and the other duties in the role description, but may increase at certain times in response to pressures.
AMACH!LGBT Galway will provide induction and support to all new Board of Directors’ members to help build and support an understanding of the Company and good governance within the charity sector.
For anyone who wants to get involved but does not or cannot commit to becoming a member of the Board, you can express your interest in volunteering by emailing:email@example.com.
PotentialBoard Members are asked to your interest confidentially by sending a curriculum vitae and cover letter outlining why they think they would be suitable for thisrole to: firstname.lastname@example.org.The closing date for expressions of interest is September 17th at 5pm.
AMACH! LGBT Galway aims to reflect equally the diversity within the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community by encouraging positive participation from the community. We actively advocate to achieve a solid and safe support structure for the LGBT+ community in Galway. We aim to provide awareness, educational and training events and workshops, and endeavour to support and promote a socially inclusive email@example.com
Teach Solais LGBT+ Resource Centre and AMACH! LGBT Galway are located in the Westside Resource Centre, Seamus Quirke Road, Galway H91C1KX. Phone 089 497 firstname.lastname@example.org